Mockups & Prototypes
KMG began as a software development company specializing in website and business application development in the early 2000’s. And while we continue to offer custom development solutions, our passion has shifted towards finding new and innovative ways to use technology and software to both solve business problems and enhance existing business workflows/processes: our goal is to cut down on your overhead, and ultimately, your bottom line.
To accomplish this we work with your team to understand the ins-and-outs of your business and the problem area(s) so that we can get a 360 degree view of what is currently going on and how we can best streamline the various workflows and components of each process. We design very detailed mockups/ wireframes of each screen and section of your solution so that you can see what it will look like, how it will function, and how users will interact with the tool well before development begins. This gives us greater flexibility with design and reduces iterative changes and developmental bugs later on down the road. In some cases, we even build out interactive, “functional” prototypes using the wireframes so that the client can “use” the tool before it’s actually built; they can click buttons, navigate between screens,…etc.
- Research, user interviews & feedback reviews, team member & competition analysis, and finally a findings/discovery summary
- Wireframes & workflow sketches
- Prototype construction – having the prototype “in your hands” is the only real way to know how well the product is actually going to work
- Design Implementation
- Implementation management – making sure the original vision makes it through the development process
- Iterative changes and continued support – the key to innovation is to never stop innovating